Friday, April 27, 2012

Class Portraits and Interview with Grace



I made Zephy's portrait bright and clear, to portray all of the fun and exciting colors that she uses in some of her work.


I made this portrait in black in white and added some highlights to brighten it. I chose to do this because I noticed that in her images she used a  lot of shadows and gritty textures. 


Sam's photography style is bold, bright, colorful, and playful. I chose to photograph him outside and then brightened his image to make it really stand out.


I took this picture of Renna against a plain wall and then enhanced the natural lighting. I then added some texture to the image, based on some of her most recent sets of images.


For this portrait, I didn't want to add a  lot of effects to it. I saw that Nora uses vibrant lighting and colors, so I made the image bright, as if the sun was right above her.


In Kendall's work, I noticed that she had focal points in lots of her images and that most of her images were in black in white. So I thought that I would try to combine the two to make the image really portray her work.


For Grace's portrait I wanted to apply a few things that represent her photos. I wanted to show the clarity and brightness that she has on most of her photos, as well as how she sometimes takes them up close and personal.

Interview:

What is your favorite place to take pictures?
My favorite place to take pictures is in an outdoor area because the lighting is better, especially when it is really sunny because it brings a nice tone to the photo. I don't like shooting outside when it's foggy because it makes everything look grey and boring.

What is the first thing you think about before you start taking photos?
I try to think of what I'm going to shoot first and where I'm going to shoot it, so the photo comes out in the best way. I try to make sure that the lighting is good, so I take it at an angle that makes the photo interesting and not just really flat and 2D.

What is your favorite thing to take pictures of?
I like taking pictures of people because it's fun to look at candids. It's also fun in general to take pictures of people because you can do a lot of movement and stuff.

What do you think is your style or makes your photos good?
I try to make my photos interesting by using motion and light, or things that you wouldn't expect in photos.

Who is your favorite photographer?
I am not exactly sure at the moment.


For Eliza's portrait I used natural lighting to enhance the features in her face. By adding a few highlights and shadows, I think that I portrayed her natural style of photography. 


I noticed that Aubrey's style included nice colors, texture, lighting, and multiple exposure. So I tried putting a few of these effects into his portrait. 


For Casey's portrait I took the picture outside with the sun beaming down on her. I wanted to make the image naturally bright, so that the effects would not distort the image. I wanted it to be bright and really pop, to resemble her style.


No comments:

Post a Comment